Directors & Officers
Directors and Officers can be targets of legal action due to the decisions they make.
Not only do public companies have exposure, private companies and non-profits face similar risk. Without proper D&O Insurance, individuals could be responsible to pay for defense costs out of their own pocket.
Some common D&O Allegations include:
- Failure to perform appropriate due diligiance
- Misrepresentations or erros regarding the finances of a company or organization
- Careless management that causes harm to an organization
- Breach of duties under applicable laws
- Conflicts of interest between personal motives and interests of the organization